Winter Vacation Scheme Student at Ashurst

Commercial Law

9.8/10

9.7

The winter vacation scheme at Ashurst is very well organised, there are a number of interactive socials and opportunities to network and meet new people.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Ashurst

It is with no doubt that Ashurst is one of the friendliest law firms in the city. Although I was merely a vacation scheme student, many partners were more than willing to have a chat and go for coffee. All work that I completed was valued and I felt like part of the team.

I sat with a partner during my vacation scheme and he was incredibly supportive and explained anything that I was unsure about.

One thing that the vacation scheme taught me that I have definitely used at university is the importance of proofreading work! This is a skill that has helped me a lot with essay writing. Apart from this, the type of learning at university is different than in practice so much of the legal knowledge I gained o haven't been able to apply to my studies.

Very well structured! I knew exactly what was happening on each day.

The atmosphere at Ashurst is so friendly and welcoming, you feel comfortable throughout the whole placement!

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Ashurst

At Ashurst every person wants you to make the most of your vacation scheme. A lot of the senior staff invest into students which was very important for me.

The vacation scheme does give you a realistic insight into life as a trainee.

I think the vacation scheme is the best way to get a feel of the culture at Ashurst.

Very valuable, the work I was given mirrored the type of tasks trainees undertake, so I was able to make decisions about my future career with more knowledge about the profession.

The firm pays vacation scheme students £300 per week.

There were various networking opportunities throughout the scheme!

The networking opportunities were great, they took place in different settings and on some occasions graduate recruitment left early so students could spend time with trainees.

We were given a summary of the activities at Ashurst in the vacation scheme booklet at the start of the week.

Definitely! One of the best experiences I have had at a commercial law firm.