8.7/10

15 reviews

• About You
  • The Organisation
  • Everything Else

I attended a three week vacation scheme and worked in three departments.

2. I was able to experience a wide variety of seats and meet employees from all levels of the company's hierarchy.

3. To what extent did you feel valued during your time at the company or firm?
  4. I was accorded lots of responsibility from the outset and asked to complete numerous tasks.

5. How much guidance/support did you receive during the insight?
  6. HR were always on call. I also developed close relationships with Ashurst employees who were always willing to provide guidance and answer any burgeoning questions I had.

7. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and information you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
  8. The ability to collate and sift through vast amounts of information will certainly assist me in my law conversion.

10. The insight was divided into three seats. This structure enabled me to get a real taste of each department.

12. Everyone I encountered was friendly and willing to help. This was just as true of my fellow applicants as it was of Ashurst employees.

13. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
  14. There were various talks by current employees as well as motivational talks from outside charities and former-lawyers to help advance our skills whilst on the insight week.

15. To what extent did the insight help you to understand what it would be like to have a full time role with the company or firm?
  16. By providing the opportunity to taste various departments (more than any other scheme I partook in), I was able to ascertain a realistic perspective of what it will be like to work at Ashurst. The hours were obviously shorter than will be expected in a full time career.

17. How much did the insight help you in understanding the company culture?
  18. The sheer number of social events, and presentations ensured that I accrued a clear understanding of the company's culture.

19. How valuable was the content in helping you to decide on your future career path?
  20. The amicability of the people I met and the interesting work content confirmed my intentions to pursue a career in law.

21. Were you paid or reimbursed adequately for this experience?
  22. I was paid £300 per week.

23. Were there opportunities for networking and meeting other employees of the company or firm?
  24. There were opportunities to meet employees during the work day. Further, social events were offered to allow us to meet employees outside the office.

26. The events dissolved any formal barriers between employees and vac schemers. This made it easier to ask questions as get a taste of the firm's culture.

27. Did you find out about activities that employees can get involved in outside of work?
  28. In addition to social events where employees informed us of these opportunities, there were presentations on activists available outside of work.

30. Certainly. It provides an accurate reflection of the firm and its expectations.

Banking - Commercial, Commercial Law