Marketing Analyst at Warner Bros

Holborn Central London and City
Marketing

8.7/10

*Sales analysis and tracking of all european new release/catalogue and franchise titles
*Update and distritube the weekly international release schedule
*Manage title planning on selected titles
*Pull and summarise title sales data for brand and franchise directors
*Talent handler on special publicity projects
*Analyse and comment on all affililate and licensee marketing plans for new release titles
*Various ad-hoc projects from all four directors and various managers within the WHV department
*Update internatilnal new release schedule bi-weekly for the President of WHV International

I couldn't have asked for a better placement, the work, the people and the culture helped to make this a once in a lifetime opportunity and an incredible experience that cemented my desire to work within the film industry as a career.

Although you start slow as an intern by the time you leave if you are strong and work to a good standard you are never considered merely an intern but are valued as a true member of the team with the responsibility to go along with that involvement.

Warner Bros. operate an excellent employee assessment and guidance program with constant meetings to make sure you are receiving the support and guidance you need to grow and improve.

The work moves in cycles, sometimes you will be swamped and working very hard and other times you might find the work is easier to manage. Any extra hours are easily counter balanced by the excellent products you are bringing to market and the environment you are working in.

As an intern you can't expect to be doing a directors work from the word go but WB will give responsibility where it is due and if you work hard and produce work to a strong standard you will be rewarded.

I believe I learnt more spending 1 year with WB on an industrial placement then I did my three years at university and that is not to say that my university years were wasted merely that my placement taught me that much in such a short time!

Everyone I worked with both interns and more senior colleagues had a great social attitude and we would cosntantly meet outside/after work.

Living in London has it's drawbacks financially, however this is more then made up for by the quality of what is avaiable to you and there are more financially viable things to do such as galleries etc when on a shorter budget!

Charity days, film set/premiere visits were just a few of the opportunities available