Production and distribution of Financial Reports.
Budget and target setting assistance.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
The placement more than exceeded my expectations
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was part of a close-knit team who went out of their way to help each other
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
As above, support was always offered from different levels of the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On the rare occasions work was slack i would take on other tasks. At many times the team was busy, but i would not qualify this as a negative.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given every opportunity to offer my own insight and ideas. I was responsible for the production, distribution and presentation of various financial reporting packs, along with the running of a sales initiative scheme with cash prizes. I also took a leading role in systems training within the team.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I only returned to studys a fortnight ago, although I am sure they will be beneficial.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There was a positive attitude throughout the team.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was introduced to, and made to feel a part of, the team instantly, and their was a similar transition with my replacement.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt valued and trusted throughout the placement.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I have applied for the companies graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, we often went on work nights out, whether meals or social events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
My workplace is only 2 miles from my place of permanent residence.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, both within the team and outside there was a strong emphasis on work/life balance.