1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Great internship, thoroughly enjoyable. It is my first time working for a big company such as Standard Life and it gave me great insight. I learned an awful lot and met great people.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was welcomed well by my team and they made me feel comfortable from the very start so no complaints there.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervisor was great, helping me from the beginning whenever I had any problems. I always felt that I could go to him during the internship for help. He was very friendly and easy to talk to.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Sometimes I was really busy, but then some weeks were not as busy, so I think it depends. On the busy weeks I found that on a few days, I wouldn't really have time for lunch, so that is a downside I suppose. It's great when you get work done early and have a bit of extra free time though.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given an increased amount of responsibility as the internship went on. I ended up looking over the majority of the project near the end and it was great fun to do.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed a number of skills and learned a lot of new skills throughout the duration of the internship and there is no doubt that these are skills for life. I will endeavour to use these skills in the rest of my university career and also in my professional career after I leave university.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I liked the atmosphere in the office. It was very easy to work in and the colleagues who were surrounding me were great and very friendly to talk to.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I felt the internship was very well organised by the team with lots of events and details about events communicated well in advance. It was great to be a part of the intake this year.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
The training is provided and is great for developing personally. I found the training to be quite comprehensive, and it turns out you can undertake training in your own time to further your knowledge which is great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I think employment prospects look very good after this internship. I really enjoyed working at the company and wouldn't mind coming back at all.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Great social scene, with many events organised where we got to know each other and have a bit of fun during nights out etc. I made a lot of great friends for life.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The cost of living was pretty good, not too expensive and certainly not as expensive as London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The nightlife was very lively and I found it really fun with lots of variety in the different things that you can do. I loved going to the bar for a drink after a long week with the other interns.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Quite a few other events going on around the city and also events organised to get to know others. All good fun and I got to build my network which is ever important.