Accounts Internship at Standard Life Aberdeen

Accountancy Banking/Finance

7.5/10

7.7
7.6

Great internship, thoroughly enjoyable. It is my first time working for a big company such as Standard Life and it gave me great insight. I learned an awful lot and met great people.

I was welcomed well by my team and they made me feel comfortable from the very start so no complaints there.

My supervisor was great, helping me from the beginning whenever I had any problems. I always felt that I could go to him during the internship for help. He was very friendly and easy to talk to.

Sometimes I was really busy, but then some weeks were not as busy, so I think it depends. On the busy weeks I found that on a few days, I wouldn't really have time for lunch, so that is a downside I suppose. It's great when you get work done early and have a bit of extra free time though.

I was given an increased amount of responsibility as the internship went on. I ended up looking over the majority of the project near the end and it was great fun to do.

I developed a number of skills and learned a lot of new skills throughout the duration of the internship and there is no doubt that these are skills for life. I will endeavour to use these skills in the rest of my university career and also in my professional career after I leave university.

I liked the atmosphere in the office. It was very easy to work in and the colleagues who were surrounding me were great and very friendly to talk to.

I felt the internship was very well organised by the team with lots of events and details about events communicated well in advance. It was great to be a part of the intake this year.

The training is provided and is great for developing personally. I found the training to be quite comprehensive, and it turns out you can undertake training in your own time to further your knowledge which is great.

I think employment prospects look very good after this internship. I really enjoyed working at the company and wouldn't mind coming back at all.

Great social scene, with many events organised where we got to know each other and have a bit of fun during nights out etc. I made a lot of great friends for life.

The cost of living was pretty good, not too expensive and certainly not as expensive as London.

The nightlife was very lively and I found it really fun with lots of variety in the different things that you can do. I loved going to the bar for a drink after a long week with the other interns.

Quite a few other events going on around the city and also events organised to get to know others. All good fun and I got to build my network which is ever important.