My role has involved supporting product launches as well as developing electronic direct mail, customer case studies, e-newsletters and other marketing materials.
A large part of my role has been event and exhibition co-ordination. I was largely involved with the management and organisation of Travelport's corporate solution stand at the 2014 Business Travel Awards. I have also help support other events including GBTA LA.
Working directly with Marketing Agencies and key stakeholders across the organisation. Working with these marketing agencies they have been able to assist me with the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters.
A large part of me day to day role is writing and proofreading copy for blogs, website entries, emails, brochures and micro sites.
Using Oracle ODM I have been able to arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials in order to do this I have had to maintain and update customer databases. This system has allowed me track open rates and target my campaigns more specifically as well as create workflows, micro sites and create newsletters. The statistics from these campaigns have enabled me to contribute to, and develop, marketing plans and strategies.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Started to drag out towards the end
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
More and more as time passed
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Good level of guidance and support from my manager and team member
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Varied day - day
Summer months generally quieter
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Gradually given more as year progressed
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Regular social events
Nice new clean office space
easy to interact with coleagues
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Extremely well organised
large support system
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Training course on html coding
visits to creative marketing agencies
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
will keep Travelport in mind
would rather do B2c rather than B2B
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Lots of other interns socialise with
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Lived at home, only expense was travel
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Lived at home so went out locally
Not many nightclubs in slough
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Work social club that do trips and activities
subsidised trip to Amsterdam