marketing intern at Travelport

Langley South East
Marketing

7.7/10

My role has involved supporting product launches as well as developing electronic direct mail, customer case studies, e-newsletters and other marketing materials.
A large part of my role has been event and exhibition co-ordination. I was largely involved with the management and organisation of Travelport's corporate solution stand at the 2014 Business Travel Awards. I have also help support other events including GBTA LA.
Working directly with Marketing Agencies and key stakeholders across the organisation. Working with these marketing agencies they have been able to assist me with the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters.
A large part of me day to day role is writing and proofreading copy for blogs, website entries, emails, brochures and micro sites.
Using Oracle ODM I have been able to arrange the effective distribution of marketing materials in order to do this I have had to maintain and update customer databases. This system has allowed me track open rates and target my campaigns more specifically as well as create workflows, micro sites and create newsletters. The statistics from these campaigns have enabled me to contribute to, and develop, marketing plans and strategies.

Started to drag out towards the end

More and more as time passed

Good level of guidance and support from my manager and team member

Varied day - day
Summer months generally quieter

Gradually given more as year progressed

Extremely Valuable
Eye opening

Regular social events
Nice new clean office space
easy to interact with coleagues

Extremely well organised
large support system

Training course on html coding
visits to creative marketing agencies

will keep Travelport in mind
would rather do B2c rather than B2B

Lots of other interns socialise with

Lived at home, only expense was travel
petrol money

Lived at home so went out locally
Not many nightclubs in slough

Work social club that do trips and activities
subsidised trip to Amsterdam