The intern will assist in all aspects of publicity ensuring that we maximise the potential of each film release.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It has been the best experience and suggest that everyone takes part in a placement year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The environment is great and the team work very closely together with a lot of support.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support is always on hand and I advise that at the beginning of your placement you ask as many questions as possible but also make lots of notes so you don't ask the same question twice!
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
My department in particular was very busy so it is essential you learn how to manage workload.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
This was my biggest shock. I was originally looking at agency work as I thought that is where I would get the most amount of responsibility but that is not true. The company has given me a huge amount of responsibility and I think with all placements it is down to yourself to show they can trust you and that you would like more responsibility.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel that is doesn't necessarily relate directly to my course but will benefit extremely from this experience after I graduate and look for full time employment.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmosphere is great and a lot of opportunities to socialise and network.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Great set up with a lot of training available.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They have a very extensive training course which has benefited me immensely.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Unfortunately there are not many jobs available in the company but if one was to become available previous interns would of course be considered.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
As the company employs a large number of interns there is a great social scene and also chance to live with fellow interns.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Cost of course is very high in London so it is great they provide a good wage which can help.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Being in central London the nightlife is great, endless opportunities.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
In many cases it is down to you to find the opportunities but with a great environment for networking they are easy to find.