Operational Analyst at Warner Bros

Management Consultancy Science/Research Business Management

7.9/10

I worked in Securities Lending operations as an analyst. Therefore a lot of my time was spent analysing their failed trades and how these fails can be reduced and then implementing my finding.

Tiring and stressful because of the possibility of getting a training contract, but great work experience, met some fantastic people and generally had a really fun week or so.

Made to feel at home, no question was too stupid to be asked, and made, as a whole, to feel as if I was wanted.

Really really helpful HR staff, associate trainer was incredibly helpful, and even a talk by the managing partner was really supportive, down to earth and helpful.

Loads of stuff to do - if there wasn't a workshop etc being put on by HR, we were in our offices with our trainers.

Sent emails to the FSA on my second day there, and allowed autonomy to draft things like legal opinions and stuff.

A great exposure to the company; the skills learn preparing and giving the client pitch presentation will, inevitably, come in very useful in future.

It was just before Christmas so, although it was pretty busy, there was a nice feel to it all and everyone was looking forward to a day or two off.

Very very professionally organised - lots of social events, we knew exactly where to be and when, and were kept updated constantly on any changes/other opportunities.

They spent a lot of money 'entertaining' us! And seemed really interested to hear what we thought about the scheme, what we'd learnt, and how that had helped improve ourselves

Got a training contract so it's all good.

Everyone got on with each other really well, lots of time to socialise, and I'll be seeing most of them in the future!

It's London, so expensive, but the canteen was cheap.

It's central London, so fantastic.

Lots of 'extra' stuff we could have done, including playing football with other trainees, went ice skating, played poker etc.