6.9/10

Morrisons and Waitrose

Support the Account
Administration for Morrisons
and Waitrose

Build a clear action plan for
Morrisons Trade Marketing
budget including clear ROI
analysis and
recommendations to improve
value from spend.

2. Job is quite ad hoc based so there was times when I didn't have much to do.

4. Didn't feel like I had much impact on the team.

6. Mt manager was a contracted employee and dealt mainly with top line - this meant I didn't have much guidance but he helped when he could.

8. Ad hoc based work so varied throughout the month. Much busier in first half of month than second.

9. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
  10. I had a few things that I was accountable for but mainly admin-based role. My boss paid little attention to the tasks which I owned.

12. The whole placement taught me a lot about what I'm capable of and what I need in a future career. My excel skills have developed extensively and I have learnt a lot more about my own strengths and weaknesses.

14. Sometimes a little too quiet but the whole team are really nice, welcoming and fun.

15. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
  16. Because my boss was contracted he didn't know much about the induction process or my job role/responsibilities so I had to organise a lot of stuff myself in the first few weeks. Could have been structured better but I think this is an exception - the other placement students had a structured experience.

18. I was trained on a basic level in order to do the tasks that were required of me.

20. Flexi Time

Sports and Social Club

Subsidised/Company Gym

National Travel

Company Parties/Events

Working from home

Healthcare/Dental

21. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
  22. Despite my complaints Danone are a great company to work for and the possible roles on the grad scheme are really interesting and challenging - I was just in a difficult situations.

24. Often went for Friday drinks or lunches, leaving dos and celebratory nights out if there was an occasion. There are also sports activities including football, netball, yoga, pilates and boot camp all for free.
    Group of 5 placement students in sales department who would always have lunch together/go for drinks with other interns.

25. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
  26. Ealing broadway is cheaper than some places but it is still London

28. A fair number of pubs around, one club that I know of but I never went.

30. Sports activities offered to everyone including football, netball, yoga, pilates and boot camp all for free. Invites to work drinks/lunches were pretty often too.

Placement (5-9 Months)