Finance Assistant at Danone

6.1/10

6.7
6.0

5.5

Helping the finance team prepare monthly accounts and checking the spend of the teams in the business.

Learnt a lot about different Finance operations and supporting a fast moving category within the business. Made a lot of new friends and enjoyed my placement.

Yes, I felt that I was part of the team working to the same objectives and goals. I didn't feel like a placement not doing as much work as the others.

My line manager was great and took time to explain the job to me from the start. There were a lot of Danone specific acronyms and others from Finance that I was aware of from my degree but had not put into work.

Super busy, there was always so much to do especially at month end and key budgeting times as well as dealing with questions from the business.

I was the key point of contact on a number of topics by the end of my placement and I had a project that I presented back to my line manager's manager before I went back to Uni. A lot of what I did was to support my line manager and preparing reports and checking accuracy from the business so working as part of a wider team.

It was good to be able to apply a lot of the things that I had heard about and worked on at uni in the work setting. Somethings were quite different and it was good to go back to uni with some practical examples

Busy, everyone worked really hard. Some people worked long hours and a lot or people worked from home or away from the office on a Friday.

There was a placement and grad hr team who set up training and our contracts when we first started but really we were like the other people in our team.

There was quite a lot of excel training from my team and I went on a course with the other placements and grads. My team also helped me with understanding the business and presenting.

There isn't a grad programme for Finance and I would like Finance but you can apply to the team and I have kept in touch with my line manager.

There were a lot of events that we arranged ourselves which were fun and we have kept in touch. A lot of the placements lived together as well near the office.

Fine, it is London which is different from being away at uni but it was ok.

Better towards London. Chiswick is a little bit out of London and a bit quiet.

In the summer we did a step challenge and we went on walks as a team. We also played football in a 5 aside tournament near the office.