Marketing placementt at Danone

Placement (5-9 Months)
Chiswick Greater London
Advertising Market Research Marketing

7.3/10

I loved my marketing placement with Danone. I found out so much about the company, about brands and about consumers. It was really good to put into practice a lot of what I had been exposed to through my business degree.

I enjoyed the work and the team. I felt like I was part of a strong team and all of our contributions were important and valued.

My supervising line manager left after a couple of months and I had a new one who had just rolled off the graduate scheme. It felt like there wasn’t much difference between us in a lot of ways but it was good to benefit from his experience and learn from him. He was very supportive and we found out a lot of how to do things by working together.

I always had things to do and also could help out the team. Some placements said that they didn’t have enough work but I always had projects or operational monthly review tasks to get done.

As my line manager and I were a similar level often responsibility went to him and I helped. I would have liked more responsibility but I understand that he was there for longer.

Super helpful. I have found that a lot of the theories and case studies have made so much more sense after having been at work. I can see how to grow a brand and work with sales and customers.

A lot of fun, Danone is a young office with a lot of young staff which meant that there was a lot of energy. Some long hours but everyone is keen to make a difference.

I’d love to be at Danone. They don’t take many of the placements into grad roles and there are not too many grad roles any way. I think that a year with Danone will have helped my application.

We all went out a lot as a group of placements and along with the grads from our year.

Expensive being London.

There wasn’t much nightlife but we were v close to London.

Danone Football Cup, volunteering through network, football in Chiswick Park.