1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved my marketing placement with Danone. I found out so much about the company, about brands and about consumers. It was really good to put into practice a lot of what I had been exposed to through my business degree.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I enjoyed the work and the team. I felt like I was part of a strong team and all of our contributions were important and valued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My supervising line manager left after a couple of months and I had a new one who had just rolled off the graduate scheme. It felt like there wasn’t much difference between us in a lot of ways but it was good to benefit from his experience and learn from him. He was very supportive and we found out a lot of how to do things by working together.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I always had things to do and also could help out the team. Some placements said that they didn’t have enough work but I always had projects or operational monthly review tasks to get done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
As my line manager and I were a similar level often responsibility went to him and I helped. I would have liked more responsibility but I understand that he was there for longer.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Super helpful. I have found that a lot of the theories and case studies have made so much more sense after having been at work. I can see how to grow a brand and work with sales and customers.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A lot of fun, Danone is a young office with a lot of young staff which meant that there was a lot of energy. Some long hours but everyone is keen to make a difference.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I’d love to be at Danone. They don’t take many of the placements into grad roles and there are not too many grad roles any way. I think that a year with Danone will have helped my application.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all went out a lot as a group of placements and along with the grads from our year.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Expensive being London.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There wasn’t much nightlife but we were v close to London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Danone Football Cup, volunteering through network, football in Chiswick Park.