1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I absolutely loved my placement and would recommend it to anyone thinking of applying.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was welcomed warmly into my team and never felt like I was just an intern, it always felt like I was a key part of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My managers were great, they would always be there if help was needed however they gave me freedom to try new things and would always give me feedback on my tasks.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Certain times of the month were a lot busier which I enjoyed, but even during the quieter periods there was never time to be bored.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given the perfect amount of responsibility and this was built up during the year.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I am certain that the skills I learnt during my year will help me in my future, both at University and professionally.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The office is quite casual so there would always be music and background chatter. Although certain times of the month would be more stressful, there was always a good atmosphere.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Fantastic, couldn't complain about any aspect of it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had regular training sessions which were organised by the Learning & Development team, you were able to attend additional courses with the authorisation of your manager and I have learnt a great deal throughout the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There isn't a graduate scheme but many interns do return, I would love to work here again in the future.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I have had the best year with some amazing nights and have made some really good friends here.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I commuted from home so i didn't suffer from the cost of living in London! But it was still expensive on nights out and things like that.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's London... there is always somewhere to go, whenever you want to do something.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Football team for the lads, and as it's London you can pretty much do what you want if you arrange it yourself.