1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have massively enjoyed this internship. It has given me invaluable experience and has helped me carve out a path for my future career.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The amount of responsibility I have been given over this past year was more than I was expecting and it has been extremely rewarding. One of the best things about working at Warner Bros is the fact that you feel part of one big family.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given a lot of support throughout my internship but at the right levels. Help has always been there when I've needed it however, I have been given a great amount of responsibility to complete tasks individually.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This varied greatly depending on release schedules. At times where we would be close to releasing or had just released a game, I would be extremely busy whereas at other times I would be less busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a grea amount of responsibility throughout however as stated, help was there when needed.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I can say wholeheartedly that the skills I have developed over this past year will be invaluable for me during my last year of university and beyond.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
A fun atmosphere throughout but a focused atmosphere when needed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I was contacted soon after my application and the recruitment process was extremely smooth.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There is a great intern training scheme at Warner covering a wide range of topics such as presentation skills. Furthermore there is a reverse mentoring scheme which was a great experience.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
As Warner Bros does not have a graduate scheme there isn't a 100% chance of me returning however, if the right opportunity arose I would have the necessary experience from this internship to put me at an advantage.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We all eat lunch in the canteen together and regularly go on nights out together, we're all part of one family.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London is an expensive place to live and go out however, there are many free things to do and enjoy.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Some good pubs and bars in the area however the main nights out consisted of different places around London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I was part of the Warner Bros football team this year which was extremely good and also part of an intern 5-a-side football team.