Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Intern at Warner Bros

Marketing Design Graphic Design

7.7/10

7.4

Asset distribution
Review packaging for all games in all territories
Management of the ROE territories
Management of localisation projects
Management of merchandising

I had a really great year at WB Games. I had the chance to work on many exciting titles which made the whole year very varied.

The team were very welcoming from the first day. When good work was done it would be recognised not only by my line manager but from other members of the team. The team also included the interns in social events outside if work hours.

Everyone was always on hand to help if there were any questions. My line manager was always prepared to sit down and talk through new tasks and processes.

On some occasions it was really busy but that was just the nature of the department. It was however a great learning curve to be busy.

As my placement went on I was given more and more responsibility. By the end of my placement I was completing tasks unsupervised from start to finish. The level of responsibility I was given was one of the major pluses of this placement.

I learnt many skills throughout the year. WB also provide training programmes throughout the year that are specifically for interns.

Everyone would chat to each other and there were some laughs between everyone in the team. However when it was very busy the office was quiet and everyone was focused (which is a good thing)

The placement was very well set up. HR were very good at looking after the interns. My team had many previous interns so were familiar with the process.

We had many training sessions that were ran by HR. There was also a performance review 3 times in the year

Even though there is no graduate scheme WB keep in contact with all the interns and let you know of suitable roles. There are many past interns working at WB.

There was around 40 interns throughout the company so there were many opportunities to socialise. In the first week many events were organised so everyone could meet up.

London is very expensive but you just learn to live with it.

The office is in central London so everything is really close!

We had the opportunity to go to a few film premiers!