1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I enjoy my role and it has given me a great insight into a very interesting business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I have been treated like a valued member of the team and have real responsibility.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I have weekly meetings with my manager to talk about what work I've been doing and I can ask questions or raise any concerns. Each intern has a mentor and it's useful to have someone to talk to outside of the team.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I find that most of the time I have work to do which is either monthly reporting tasks or a project. If not it's easy enough to ask my manager for more to do.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Once I had been trained I was given responsibility over tasks and trusted to complete these on my own.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel the placement has given me the opportunity to work on lots of new skills and develop those I already had. I am certain these will come in useful in the last year of university and in a graduate position.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in my team was really good. Everyone is friendly and the office is quite relaxed.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement is only in the second year but it seems very well run and a lot of effort is put in to make sure we have a good experience. We have all been encouraged to find out more about different departments to help us think about our future career.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
A lot of time is put into the interns and we receive lots of training when we start, such as in Excel and Cognos. We are also doing a management course and are encouraged to think about how we want to develop throughout the year.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
There is no official graduate scheme but I would assume if you were interested in a position after university they would try to find something suitable
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
There isn't that much in the area. Rent is fairly high but works out okay if you're sharing. Windsor is very close and a nice area, but quite expensive. London isn't too far away and it is possible to commute from there.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Again, Windsor is pretty good and it's worth going into London.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There is a Social Club which has events at least once a month.