Finance Intern at Travelport

Slough South East
Financial Management

7.3/10

6.0

I enjoy my role and it has given me a great insight into a very interesting business.

I have been treated like a valued member of the team and have real responsibility.

I have weekly meetings with my manager to talk about what work I've been doing and I can ask questions or raise any concerns. Each intern has a mentor and it's useful to have someone to talk to outside of the team.

I find that most of the time I have work to do which is either monthly reporting tasks or a project. If not it's easy enough to ask my manager for more to do.

Once I had been trained I was given responsibility over tasks and trusted to complete these on my own.

I feel the placement has given me the opportunity to work on lots of new skills and develop those I already had. I am certain these will come in useful in the last year of university and in a graduate position.

The atmosphere in my team was really good. Everyone is friendly and the office is quite relaxed.

The placement is only in the second year but it seems very well run and a lot of effort is put in to make sure we have a good experience. We have all been encouraged to find out more about different departments to help us think about our future career.

A lot of time is put into the interns and we receive lots of training when we start, such as in Excel and Cognos. We are also doing a management course and are encouraged to think about how we want to develop throughout the year.

There is no official graduate scheme but I would assume if you were interested in a position after university they would try to find something suitable

There isn't that much in the area. Rent is fairly high but works out okay if you're sharing. Windsor is very close and a nice area, but quite expensive. London isn't too far away and it is possible to commute from there.

Again, Windsor is pretty good and it's worth going into London.

There is a Social Club which has events at least once a month.