Supported all aspects of the relationship between Danone and the retailer. This involved tracking sales performance, promotion analysis, invoicing, NPD performance etc
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Very enjoyable, open atmosphere. Occasionally boring work.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
The people are definitely the strongest aspect at Danone. Everyone is very open and willing to provide support.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager was amazing. We had regular meetings to define my tasks, but I was also given autonomy to define my own work at times.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
In general I had a decent volume of work, although probably more on the side of too little.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility in some areas, but was still vary aware that I was just a placement, and I craved more responsibility at times.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I learned a lot about sales and relationship management, as well as office behaviour etc. Lacked practical skills training though.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very positive upbeat atmosphere. People are always chatting, and there is a lot of good banter between colleagues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It felt more like I had been placed into an entry level role, rather than on a placement. The job description didn't really match what I was doing either
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
There was very little investment in terms of core technical skills and training. Although I did receive some training in healthy lifestyles and personalities.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Looks very likely I'll be offered a permanent role.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes. Drinks most Fridays or Thursdays as well as events with your business unit and smaller team. Also birthday events and leaving events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Ealing isn't very great so we lived in Central London and commuted out.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Besides a strip club below the office, it's Ealing. There's some horrible clubs! Much better to travel into central London!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Everyone is encouraged to volunteer for Danone social enterprise (eat like a champ) as well as being offered days off to help charitable causes. We also played football every Wednesday after work, and I think there's a few other clubs like running.