National account executive at Danone

Placement (5-9 Months)
Ealing Broadway Greater London
Administration/Secretarial Business Analytics Business Intelligence Sales

7.5/10

Supported all aspects of the relationship between Danone and the retailer. This involved tracking sales performance, promotion analysis, invoicing, NPD performance etc

Very enjoyable, open atmosphere. Occasionally boring work.

The people are definitely the strongest aspect at Danone. Everyone is very open and willing to provide support.

My manager was amazing. We had regular meetings to define my tasks, but I was also given autonomy to define my own work at times.

In general I had a decent volume of work, although probably more on the side of too little.

I was given a fair amount of responsibility in some areas, but was still vary aware that I was just a placement, and I craved more responsibility at times.

I learned a lot about sales and relationship management, as well as office behaviour etc. Lacked practical skills training though.

Very positive upbeat atmosphere. People are always chatting, and there is a lot of good banter between colleagues.

It felt more like I had been placed into an entry level role, rather than on a placement. The job description didn't really match what I was doing either

There was very little investment in terms of core technical skills and training. Although I did receive some training in healthy lifestyles and personalities.

Looks very likely I'll be offered a permanent role.

Yes. Drinks most Fridays or Thursdays as well as events with your business unit and smaller team. Also birthday events and leaving events.

Ealing isn't very great so we lived in Central London and commuted out.

Besides a strip club below the office, it's Ealing. There's some horrible clubs! Much better to travel into central London!

Everyone is encouraged to volunteer for Danone social enterprise (eat like a champ) as well as being offered days off to help charitable causes. We also played football every Wednesday after work, and I think there's a few other clubs like running.