Liaise with advertising agencies on a daily basis to feedback on press, online, tv and out of home advertisements. manage the large advertising budget. arrange vehicles for product placement and photoshoots. arrange photoshoots. competitor reporting and monitoring.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Thoroughly enjoyable placement with good level of responsibility and work load.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Everyone in the office always very friendly and happy to help from other students all the way up to the MD and everyone in between.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Management always there to help and not too difficult to find time with.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Normally quite busy although work tended to come in waves so would be very busy at times and much quieter at others but always something to be getting on with.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Considering that I was feeding back on the advertisements which BMW would be using I felt I had a good level of responsibility. It was also my place to manage and monitor the BMW UK Facebook page.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My professionalism has increased drastically and I know understand office etiquette and day to day office life!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There could be more 'banter' especially when considering the atmosphere at the agencies. I was glad to have other students constantly around.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Placement organised well with different training courses.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Attended a number of different training courses including Driver Training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Good grad scheme although currently only intake every other year so not very convenient for me.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Always someone up for a night out
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
similar to the rest of the area/south.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Reading is the nearest big town so there was a good night life, but no good places to go in Bracknell although one nice pub 5 mins from the office.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?