1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had a great time from the beginning right through to the end of my placement, ASOS is a company which you really don't want to leave and all the interns dreaded the last day!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Employees are very close and there are lots of social activities that you can get involved in. I felt like I was valued as a member of the team and you are not treated like an intern - many people were surprised that I was one.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
There was a lot of training available from the start and throughout the placement, not only with other interns through development sessions but also with members of staff on other training courses.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Due to the nature of the company it is very fast paced and hectic, no two days were the same and weeks went very quickly.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
you are given the same duties and responsibilities as a permanent buyers assistant even though you are there on an internship.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed a range of new skills and invaluable experience that cannot be taught from a university course, completing this placement has prepared me for the world of work and I feel very confident in applying for graduate jobs.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The people really make ASOS a great place to work, there is very much a work hard/play hard attitude.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The communication between the HR team responsible for interns was great.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Time permitting, I completed many courses and training. I had regular meeting with my line managers and senior management who took a great interest in personal and professional development.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Healthcare from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Hopefully very good!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
there were many meetings between interns that were organised by the HR team
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Camden is expensive, but this is London so is to be expected!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Pretty good, Camden is fun and central London is very close.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many charitable events to get involved in, as well as socialising with collegues.