This review was submitted over 4 years ago, so some of the information it contains may no longer be relevant.
- 1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
- 2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
- 3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
- 4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
- 5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
- 6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
- 7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
- 8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
- 9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
- 10. What were the perks on your work placement?
- 11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- 12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- 13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- 14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- 15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The internship course in relation to the company was good. I did not enjoy my role and I have been managed very poorly.
My manager did not respect me and has acted unprofessional towards me on several occasions. However I did get on with various other colleagues who appreciated me.
I felt like I had very little, if not no support and guidance from my manager.
It varied every day, and as our team grew I became less busy, which was good. At the start of my placement I felt very overwhelmed.
Very little, my role hasn't really developed since I started
Although I received very little training, I believe I can deal with difficult situations at work well and I have learnt a lot bout the working environment. I also feel like my organisation and prioritizing skills have improved immensely.
The intern sessions were good, but there aren't enough. The training for my role was almost non existent and I had no guidance.
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Not much progression
You have to find them yourself, but there are quite a few
Placement Year (10 Months+)
Central London and City