1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It's been an extremely exciting experience working at ASOS. I have built new relationships and have had wonderful experiences whilst i was on this placement. The company has lots events and activities throughout the year which has left me with some good memories. I would say i had really enjoyed my placement year.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I've been treated as a functional member of my team at ASOS, regardless of me being an intern. I was involved in project work and got to deliver work at a production level. My colleagues relied on me as much as i relied on them which has made me feel like i was highly valued at work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I received consistent guidance by management during my placement, and was able to easily reach out for support when i needed it. Whether it was guidance for my personal development within ASOS or support with my work related skills. The management at ASOS always push you to grow and develop, allowing you me to head in the right direction.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
On a day to day basis the work load varied, but i had never felt too overwhelmed
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a fair amount of responsibility based on my level of skills.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I think the skills I've received will really help me overcome challenges more effectively during my degree, and i also believe it will give me a head start in my career, as i will be more knowledgeable in the field i'm entering. The training i have received here has even given me a good starting point for me to kick off my dissertation in my final year of uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The company atmosphere was very lively. At ASOS they believe in a fun culture, where we can work hard and play hard too. There was always something fun happening at the office, whether it was sample sales, massages or small team events and activities. The atmosphere kept me happy whilst at work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The placement year was very well set up for us. The company had planned out everything in a well structured manner for us. It did not feel like we were just there and abandoned. Our calendars were always populated with things across the year for our development as interns at ASOS.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I believe the company succeeded in investing a lot of time and effort for us interns here at ASOS. We had been put under months of training under the ASOS academy, which helped us grow our work related skills. They also worked hard on developing our soft skills and personal skills, along side building our domain knowledge of ASOS as a whole company.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
In the past many interns have been invited back to work for ASOS.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There was an excellent social scene amongst the fellow placement students and colleagues. We all developed very strong bonds both within and outside work. We would usually do many social activities together. This was good as it really builds a good relationship at work, which allows you to work more comfortably and effectively with peers.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
The area i worked in was closer to central London so it was pricey sometimes but i lived with my parents during the placement year which made the cost of living affordable for me. However there are some very affordable things to do in the area, which makes socializing affordable enough.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
The area i worked in was within Camden, which has a great night life, which in includes things such as different styled clubs, lots of pubs and bars. You can also find many restaurants and cafes that do late night gigs. The area i would say has a very fun nightlife.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were many opportunities to get involved with activities outside of work. Especially since the company really promotes and encourages us to try new activities outside work. This involves things like Hackathons which i enjoyed taking part in. There are also sports activities, charities and more social activities advertised that were available outside work.