1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I did enjoy it everyone here is lovely but I don't think I got to do a lot of things that were offered to me when applying to the job.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Some people were amazing and others made me feel a bit undervalued. For example being asked to do personal tasks that have nothing to do with work like taking a birthday present to the post office. I don't think it is appropriate and it makes you feel very undervalued.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My first 6 months were amazing and I learnt so much but when my manager left I have been pretty much left to my own devices and have had to go around and ask people for work. It has been really bitty and I think my time would have been much better spent and I would of learnt more if I had a project or some kind of consistency.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Some days I have been really busy and some days I have had nothing to do. I have been a lot less busy and bored since my manager left.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I don't think I have had very much responsibility since my manager left.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have already finished my degree but learning how to cad for factories has been invaluable.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
It is a really good atmosphere everyone is really nice
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My time hasn't been that well organised since my manager left but before that is was good.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Individuals have spent time with me to teach me things off their own backs but I haven't had any specific training days or anything
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
They are good. I have been offered a job and I am taking it. I think it will be different from my placement as I will be in a set team on a department which I am looking forward to.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Its london so its almost all of your wage each month. Probably around £1200pcm?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It is in camden so awful/embarrassing but if you are into that kind of thing it could be good
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
yes its london but as an intern you wouldn't be able to afford to do them unless your parents are also supporting you