1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Work is challenging and rewarding you get to experience, you gain feedback on progress throughout making the procedure very transparent. There are group tasks within the internship helping you to meet and work with interns in other divisions in the bank.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Work I did helped to add value to the day to day tasks of those I worked with, it definitely felt like what I had done was valued by those I helped.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
During the process there are two meetings with HR to discuss how you are progressing along side what your aims are. Alongside this you can gain constant feedback from senior members of your team who are always willing to evaluate your performance.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given a project which ran the entire length of the internship alongside which I had daily reports to run. My hours varied but started at 7am but never ran later than 7:30pm
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
You are given a high level of responsibilty and processes you must complete are those which you would do if you were a graduate within the firm. You are not given mundane tasks to complete, projects are developed by managers as they target areas which can be further developed.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I learnt will aid me moving forward in my career as I have learnt a huge amount from shadowing traders and completing tasks for them. The process is fast paced and you are required to learn quickly.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The team was friendly and always willing to help.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Tasks and events ran smoothly, there is a slight delay hearing whether you have gained a place on the programme compared to other banks. But once you have your place it is very efficient.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were given online learning throughout the process, giving access to a range of information. Most of my learning however came through shadowing and traders giving me time to talk through what they were doing.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We socialised once or twice a week it was up to us how often this happened.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It's in London so you expect to pay more than where you went to Uni.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It's London you can find something for everyone.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I did not hear of any but that may just have been where I worked.