1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I had lots of responsibilty, a variety of tasks and a great team to work with. Aftersales is quite a demanding department to work in, but the work was challenging and rewarding. Part of my job did require some repetitive admin work to be done, which was not enjoyable; although this is expected being an intern,
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I was treated like any permanent employee and felt as though the department needed me on a daily-basis.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
If I ever needed any assistance others were always willing to help no matter how busy there were
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I could just about cope with the workload, however I would often need to work beyond normal hours to get everything done.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given almost full control of the Nissan Merchandise programme and was given the responsibility to approve many high value payments to accessory suppliers.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
My placement gave practical application of my degree, which will be a useful insight for the final year. I have vastly improved my computer, time-management and business skills which will help me excel in future jobs.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The Aftersales team is great to work with: there was plently of office banter and many lots of friends.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
I would of liked to have more information on my role before I joined, but everything else went smoothly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was given lots of on-site training and feedback from employees. However, interns do not get to attend on the same training courses as graduates, which is a bit of a shame.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Placement students get progressed along the graduate scheme applications, but very few interns have made it back on the graduate scheme
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
We got on well and arrange a few social events
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reasonably expensive, but having the countryside and easy access to London makes it worth paying more to live near Maple Cross.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
London is very close, but getting in and out is a bit difficult late at night.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Reasonably frequent social events and there are a few weekly sports clubs.