Audit Intern at EY

EY is a Top Employer

5.0/10

4.5

4.2

After being given training for 3 days, daily tasks involved working in a team of about 3 people and going into companies to audit them. This involved speaking to the clients and interacting with them. For my job I had to find various statements and check through them. Much of my work involved typing numbers and information into Excel.

Some of the work given was boring.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

The team that I worked with were really nice and helped me with my work. I had no problem asking them any questions I had. The people in the office were quite quiet so I didn't really get to know them.

The partners and management were in the office most of the time and I had their e-mail address if I needed it but they weren't hugely personable. I didn't really get a chance to speak much to them throughout my internship apart from towards the end.

When out at the client I had a reasonable amount of work to do but in the office there was nothing to do even when I asked for work. I didn't enjoy this as I like to be kept busy.

I felt that hardly any responsibility was given to me but it is understandable as it is such a short period of time and I don't have a degree yet.

Overall the experience gave me huge insight into one of the Big 4 and there was a lot which I learnt from seeing different companies in different industries. I enjoyed travelling around and I definitely got to see how accountancy works practically which I know will be really useful for my final year at university.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

The office was very quiet most of the time.

Lots of time and effort was put in to make the internship interesting. There were social events at the beginning and end. Lots of feedback was given and there was always the graduate advisor who you could talk to at any point of the internship.

They definitely encouraged you to achieve your potential and I felt like they really did want you to get the most from working for them and work for them in the future.

I would like to work for them in the future.

The Inverness office was quite small so I did feel like I missed out on some social events compared to my other intern colleagues in the bigger cities so perhaps working in a different location would improve this. All the other interns were really nice and we all got on brilliantly.

Very cheap as I was living at home in the Highlands!

There's not too much happening in Inverness but there are some nice new places so it's becoming more sociable!

There wasn't too many activities on during the summer but I know that there were some planned for later on in the year such as charity events. Ernst and Young does do lots of charity events.