Summer Intern - Pensions Advisory at EY

EY is a Top Employer

7.3/10

4.2

Working on the preparation of Audit reports, and working in Marketing & New Business acquisition.

I really enjoyed myself; the work was intellectually stimulating, I always had plenty to be getting on with, and there were opportunities to combine my work with study in the field of Pensions.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

From the start, I felt welcomed into the team, and I am tremendously grateful to them for all the opportunities that they afforded me, and their willingness to spend time with me to better improve my understanding, or just to get to know me.

I was able to seek support from all members of the team, at all levels, including the Partners.

There was a good balance and variety of work, and a few deadlines kept everything exciting.

I was given the opportunity to do a lot of independent work and research, and I was allowed to write the first draft of several reports, on which I was given valuable feedback.

As well as learning a little about the most common Pensions arrangements in the UK and around the world, I was able to learn a great deal from interactions with the members of the team and my fellow Interns - I would say that these experiences in communicating and working with others were invaluable.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

Having a small, growing Team, meant that everyone knew everyone else well, and the atmosphere was terrific - one of the Partners once told me that 'there is no point in doing anything that you don't enjoy, because you don't take nearly as much out of it', and this sums it up nicely.

For the most part, the organisation was excellent, although it would have been nice to receive a little more warning about certain events.

On the 6 week internship, there were 2.5 days spent on personal training, bringing us all up to speed with accounting principles and the morals of the Company. However, there was no subject-specific work, which might have been more beneficial.

I hope to receive an offer of a job for next year in the coming weeks.

Although there were hardly any social events organised by the Company - they didn't even suggest where we might live in London, which would have improved the atmosphere no end. That said, there were several Intern-organised socials, which were excellent.

Doing anything in London was ridiculously expensive.

Nightlife was excellent, but too expensive to enjoy frequently.

Nothing was advertised, or offered.