Summer Intern in Corporate Finance at EY

London Greater London
Banking/Finance

EY is a Top Employer

7.2/10

My role and responsibilities as within Corporate Finance included various tasks such as compiling proposals for clients using Microsoft PowerPoint and using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, carry out credit risk analysis and assess the financial and trading positions of clients.

I really enjoyed it as it was a true insight into the professional world. An invaluable opportunity for hands on experience.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

The extent to which I could truly be valued was limited because as an intern I didn't possess the training needed for the more advanced tasks.

All team members were truly friendly and approachable.

For my first project in the first 2 weeks I had a little free time, but for my second project I was swamped most of the time.

Quite a bit considering I was just an intern but still limited as my experience in the field was limited.

I managed to pick up distinctive skills that will definitely aid me in the future.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 24 roles at EY

All employees and interns were very laid back and approachable, making the atmosphere light and pleasant to work in.

Except for a few minor instances it was very well organised as we were constantly in touch with resourcing who would find us tasks for every free moment.

They certainly spent a lot of time and effort in teaching me various details of every project which would help me in the future.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them. Hopefully I will get a job with them as I loved the work environment.

There was definitely a good social scene as both interns and colleagues were always for group activities or a drink after work.

Pretty expensive but then again it was just as expensive as most of London is.

There were a few good bars in the area which were ideal for drinks after work combined with a great view.

There were quite a few opportunities as there are various activities to get involved in for a wide range of interests.