Responsible for franchised based reporting and projects.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Absolutely great year, loved every minute!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was integrated from day one like any other employee. Never treated like a student and given the same level of responsibility as a regular member of staff.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Absolutely brilliant. I had a regular meetings with my managers to make sure I had a manageable workload and was progressing with my objectives.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Workload builds over time. For the first couple of months I had to occasionally ask for work when I didn't have a lot on. However, the more you prove yourself the bigger your workload becomes. By the time I had been there 6 months I was busy all day every day.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Brilliant! Given massive responsibility for a placement student. I was in charge of producing and distributing business critical report on a regular basis.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Great training and development. I matured a lot during the year and got the chance to attend some great courses!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great fun but also very driven! Everyone is friendly and welcoming but hard work is also expected.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Started with a great handover from the previous student and was well managed all the way through to my leaving day
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
Absolutely brilliant! I had the chance to attend some great courses and training! Is allowed me to go away with a fantastic skill set I can take forward in my career.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Would absolutely love to go back. Will definitely be applying to the grad scheme!
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Brilliant. HR put us in contact with the other students before we started. I lived with 7 students and we had a great social scene!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
MK isn't the cheapest place for a night out but the salary more than covers a decent social life!
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nice bars in MK but it won't compare to any big student city!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There's plenty to do in Milton Keynes. Also there is a Volkswagen sports and social society who organise events like go karting etc.