Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at Volkswagen Group UK
- 7. Would you recommend Volkswagen Group UK to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to Volkswagen Group UK
Every day is different but I mainly focused on Requirement Management for a high level projects and also acted as a Project Manager for Small Change Projects, here you would give updates to Directors of the business biweekly. User on boarding was another task that occurred often as well as looking at the processes in place at Volkswagen Group, investigating then proposing how they could be improved.
Working at Volkswagen has improved both my professional skills and personal skills massively. I have gained a lot more confidence in approaching tasks working here. The range of skills is to big to list as Volkswagen have constantly offered courses to learn new skills and employees also had access to learning portals. As well as this, employees are also happy to provide you feedback on your work and give you pointers in the right direction.
I was surprised by the amount of responsibility given to me. I was working on high level tasks and also put in charge of projects, something i never expected on a Placement year. I was also given the task of providing precise project updates to Directors and the Managing Director biweekly, again something that i would have never expected to do. Having this huge responsibility definitely made me progress faster.
Support & Guidance
My whole team was great and if I ever had a question, everyone was willing to help. From the first day my line manager has been great and always found tasks for me and provided feedback on this. Volkswagen had a very open culture and i could contact anyone, even the directors if i wanted some assistants or feedback. Overall the support was great during my Placement.
Volkswagen runs a very open culture so any can speak to anyone. Due to the challenges of COVID I experienced a different kind of atmosphere as I started the job working from home. The Build and Deliver Team welcomed me right away and we had morning calls checking in and having jokes and when we could we even met outside of work to get the team together. Given the circumstances, my team were great.
My placement year gave me more opportunities and experience than i ever expected and would recommend anyone to apply for one. The culture and the team made me feel welcome and part of the team even though we couldn't meet in person. The company is currently in a big transition to electric so is a really exciting place to work. I really enjoyed my time here and would love to return in the future.
My advice for anyone applying for the placement would be to practice your interview questions before applying. Go online and get some example questions and for each question think of an example where you have shown that skill to back it up.
Placement Year (10 Months+)