Summer Intern - Application Developer (IT) at Royal Bank of Canada

Monument Central London and City
Banking - Investment Information Technology

Royal Bank of Canada is a Top Employer

8.3/10

A lot. The work environment is fantastic and also job was also really interesting.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

Was given responsibilities from the start. They would regularly chat with me regarding stuffs other than work.

I learned new things every other week. My supervisor was really patient to teach me new efficient programming concepts.

Most of the times I had some work to get involved with except for a couple of days when it was really quiet.

I was given responsibilites from the first week, but was regularly guided by my supervisor until I was capable to complete task independently

Improved my progamming skills, hopefully I will be able to use it for my projects in my final year at uni.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 1 role at Royal Bank of Canada

There were few days when it was really busy, otherwise calm and a good atmosphere to work.

It was very good. There was a lot of extra curricular activies to ocasionally take our mind off work.

We had a 2 day (finance crash course) training at the start and also e-learning materials were provided. These were good for helping me understand fnancial markets.

It's a growing bank, so there will be a lot opportunities as they look expand further in Europe.

There are two seperate building for front and back office. so, dont always get to see the "other group". But, it was possible to meet others during drinks or lunch in the awesome canteen in RBH building.

It is the City so expensive.

Nightlife is good in the area, it is vibrant but could end up being expensive as mentioned above.

The extra-curricular activities kept me occupied outside of work.