1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
A lot. The work environment is fantastic and also job was also really interesting.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Was given responsibilities from the start. They would regularly chat with me regarding stuffs other than work.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I learned new things every other week. My supervisor was really patient to teach me new efficient programming concepts.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Most of the times I had some work to get involved with except for a couple of days when it was really quiet.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given responsibilites from the first week, but was regularly guided by my supervisor until I was capable to complete task independently
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Improved my progamming skills, hopefully I will be able to use it for my projects in my final year at uni.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
There were few days when it was really busy, otherwise calm and a good atmosphere to work.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was very good. There was a lot of extra curricular activies to ocasionally take our mind off work.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We had a 2 day (finance crash course) training at the start and also e-learning materials were provided. These were good for helping me understand fnancial markets.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
It's a growing bank, so there will be a lot opportunities as they look expand further in Europe.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
There are two seperate building for front and back office. so, dont always get to see the "other group". But, it was possible to meet others during drinks or lunch in the awesome canteen in RBH building.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It is the City so expensive.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Nightlife is good in the area, it is vibrant but could end up being expensive as mentioned above.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
The extra-curricular activities kept me occupied outside of work.