1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was really insightful and allowed me to explore a career I had never really considered before
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team was amazing and made me feel as though everything I did really made an impact to the company
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Throughout the year I had my team giving me support and this really increased throughout lockdown which was extremely helpful
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Because it was finance I was busy at different times of the month, the first two weeks of the month were very busy contrasting with the second two which were a lot less busy so I was just doing ad hoc things.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Throughout the CSR activities we were given a lot of freedom and responsibility but in my role it was very structure especially in the first two weeks so I wasn’t given as much
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I developed skills in excel and the skills of working in a corporate environment that will stay with me for life, including teamwork and leadership skills in some respects however some of the skills in my actual role are very specific to said role and therefore might not be very useful in my degree or what I choose to do as a career in the future.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
I worked in a very good team so the atmosphere was always very lively
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
We were given a lot of freedom with the CSR activities and my role had specific tasks for the first two weeks of the month but it lacked structure in the second two weeks
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They invested quite a lot as they trusted us to run their CSR programme and represent the company in multiple aspects
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?