Future Launch Steering Intern at BMW Group

Oxford South East
Engineering

BMW Group is a Top Employer

7.5/10

Thoroughly enjoyed the ability to experience all parts of production and being involved in future projects. Didnt enjoy lack of work at times.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group

Majority of the time everyone treated me as a full-time employee, made several friends within the large intern community and my team.

Management were always available for meaningful support and guidance whenever required.

My role largely depended on frequency of upcoming future projects, and their state of completion. I was never too busy to the point of feeling I was unable to finish my work, however there were moments where I was bored. Particularly after returning from lockdown.

I was given a high degree of responsibility when doing important project work for future projects. However on a daily/ consistent basis this responsibility was much smaller.

For my degree te ammount of skills were minimal. If anything, I increased my knowledge of excel. For my professional life, however I gained a range of skills such as professional communication, presentation skills, team-work, etc..

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group

The office was always a professional environment, however colleagues were always having light hearted conversations, and everyone was friendly with each other.

Very well organized. Slight hiccup that the job description on the application website was very vague,.

I did not participate in many training schemes as part of my role.

Given the very high ammount of interns employed by the plant every year, the likelihood of getting re employed is low. However with the skills acquired, particularly knowledge of company culture, chances of getting a job after are theoretically amplified.

Nearly 100 student interns per year, so large community, socials every week. Within assembly where I was stationed, the ten of us would always get together outside of work. Made some great friends along the year.

Oxford is an expensive area to live in general, socialising event costs are on par with London. However it is a lot easier to cycle everywhere, saving you a lot in public transport.

Oxford is a student town so there is a great nightlife during term time. However these places can be a bit far from the plant itself.

Weekly socials with all the interns, weekly football as well which I always participated.