Engineering intern at BMW Group

BMW Group is a Top Employer

6.6/10

6.6

4.2

Overall, had a fantastic year and would recommend to anyone.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group

Felt very welcomed into the team and supported by my colleagues. The company has a prevalent team based culture and so it is easy to make connections around the business.

Had a fantastic manager who went above and beyond to ensure that my year was a valuable experience. I always felt supported and that I was able to ask for help and raise any concerns, as well as having a fun working environment and being given engaging tasks.

Had peaks and troughs of business as would be expected in the Automotive industry. However due to the prevalent 'Continuous Improvment' culture, it was easy to create valueable work for myself to do when the workload decreased.

I had multiple systems and processes which I was responsible for. As well as working independently with many other stakeholders across the business.

My placement year really helped in recognising the industry and more specific job role I would like to go into. I feel much more prepared for my degree after placement.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 8 roles at BMW Group

Generally a good envirnment with a nice balance between serious work and a fun atmosphere.

The year was structured well with a good timing to it. Weekly tasks where structured well and I had a solidifed role in the department.

There were some training sessions provided by the company which were of a good standard, however more oculd have been done in. Opportunities are there if you are willing to find and push for them.

Future prospects are appealing, specifically the opportunity to work within the wider BMW Group organisation.

Initially the interns had a good social atmosphere, however this was not maintained the entire year due to the mix between 6 month and 12 month people. This was all self-intitiated and the company could have done more to support student socialising.

The cost of living/rent etc is expensive in the area, however there are lots of outdoor events and places and things to do which are great for the summer time.

Nightlife wasn't great in the immediate area, however for largr nights out there is the ability to travel a short distance to many nearby cities.

Compny wise I did not know of any opportunities. Department wise we did do some socials throughout the year.