1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was really enjoyable. i learnt so much about engineering that I didn't know before. I was able to put into practice what I had been learning at uni.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
i felt very valued, i felt like i was making a difference and being able to put my skills into practice and develop them.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
i received a lot of support from the team i was in. they really helped me to build on my learnings and develop my self confidence.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
really busy because we were in a factory on the front line most weeks leanring all about the products and the production line.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
not too much
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
the skills I developed have helped me so much while beig back at university. I learnt that being part of a team is so important to acheiving greater goals.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
the office was quiet at times. a lot of employees did shift work so sometimes you nly saw your team and no one else. it was hard at first but then i soon got used to it and understood why teams operated in this way.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was well organised and I couldn't fault it.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
my team fully invested in me. i felt like part of the team from my very first day.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
really appealing because i really enjoyed my placement year and feel i have more to learn.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I'm not a very social person so i don't tend to go out much. however we had a few social gatherings at our houses and that was great!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
it was affordable. i managed to live, work and enjoy myself on the wage I received.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?