1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was really good. Exceeded my expectations and helped to prepar eme for future jobs.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
i felt very valued. the colleagues i worked with were all experts in chemistry and biology research so it was great to be around them learning from them. they believed in me and allowed me to be part of so many great opportunities
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
my manager was extremely supportive. she listened to what development i wanted and helped me to obtain those goals and more.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
being in clinicla research we are busy every day. not a day went by wher eI was stuck for this to do. If anything i ran out of time each week.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
too much! i honestly didn't think i'd be given so much responsibility being a student but I was treated as an equal and that was great.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
my degree is tough, but the biggest learning I can take away from my placement year is how to prioritise. It is okay to rethink what I had already planned and move things round if something comes in that has a greater impact to my team and the business.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
my office was quiet but that's not uncommon in a research position. everyone is so focused and we have to get things right as we are innovating and researching potential medicines that could change peoples lives.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
it was very well organised.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I felt fully invested in. my team were amazing and listened to my needs of where I needed to develop and strengthen my knowledge.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
very appealing if the opportunities are there.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I'm not sure. being in research kept me focused on the role.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
expensive! i'm used to univeristy prices but being in london was a totally different experience.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I wouldn't know!
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?