1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Danone has an amazing company culture. Everyone is so friendly and the responsibility you get as a placement is great.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As a placement at danone you are given a lot of responsibility and therefore are taken seriously as a proper employee. I felt very valued throughout my placement
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I did receive a lot of support from my manager, however, because she was so busy I think as a placement I would have liked another mentor that wasn’t my line manager.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I felt busy most days sometimes too busy. But I think that that’s better than not being busy at all!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Danone are great at giving lots of responsibility to their placements which allowed me to learn and develop my skills.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Definitely skills for life! I developed my communication, presentation and team skills. My confidence grew throughout the year. Skills I have already seen to assist in my degree, and I am sure they will in my future career
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Great atmosphere in the office. Always fun activities going on in the evening. Had a great time!
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was organised well, but I think it would have been great if placements received more guidance or had another mentor other than their line manager
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I had regular 1:1 meetings with my manage which I found very useful. We would discuss my progress and development within the company. However, would have liked more information about how to get onto the grad scheme.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I will hopefully be asked back for an assessment centre from which I would be offered the grad scheme. However, I am not sure how likely it is I will be able to get onto the scheme even having done my placement
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
All placement students at danone were put into contact before we started which was great. We all had drinks together after work. There were loads of team drinks aswell which were loads of fun!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Chiswick is very expensive and of course living in London is expensive too.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
In the area I worked not very good but we used to travel to Putney or central London and there were great bars and clubs there
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were loads of opportunities to get involved with sport in Chiswick business park.