1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I loved it! A fantastic way to decide if a career in finance was for me before committing to a full time position
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My Colleagues in my first rotation were good, One was unfriendly and unsupportive but everyone else more than made up for it.
In my second rotation I felt valued and supported by my colleagues. They were fantastic and thought me so much more than I could have expected.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I had 2 rotations, In my first one of the Directors was not amazing but he did push me to do more and do better. In my second rotation, the management gave lots of good advice and supported me through my learning.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was quite bored on my first couple of days of Business as Usual but after I was assigned my own responsibilities I was kept busy.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given essential BAU tasks and allowed to work on Important projects.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
SO SO Much more than I expected.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Friendly, We took part in team building activities. However, the emphasis on after work networking drinks was not appealing to me. The breakfasts and seminar series were super helpful for developing my network
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Super well organised
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They put me through 2 days of intensive training which allowed me to learn how all the departments interacted with each other.
I was encouraged to do online learning and complete the Bloomberg Market Concepts course.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I was offered a full time graduate position
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
More so if you drank but the interns often had lunch tougher. I made very good friends with one of my fellow interns, keeping in touch after the rotation
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Central London is expensive. The remuneration was good & allowed me to enjoy my time.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Theatre land is very close and I made the most of it whilst i could.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
I took part in the ZSL river clean up which was really good. It was fantastic to see the company investing in the environment.