1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was a really good role that gave me alot of insight into the world of HR.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
They would tell you when you had done something well and would thank you for your help.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Support was available and it was useful and valued but sometimes it was difficult to find someone to talk to or ask about things
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
This would vary on the day depending on what needed doing that day
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had aread that I was incharge of and I was the point of contact for
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It has given me a good insight into the world of work and lead me to beleive in myself more. I also go to look into other areas of the business not just HR which has given me the insight into future career opportunities.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmoshpere was good and people would be nice and friendly to you. there was always an element of fun and you can tell that people get on and care about each other. this environment encouraged communication and allowed me to ask questions without feeling stupid or judged. this helped my learning
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
the placement was well organised however there was somethimes a stuggle to find things for me to do and i would need to ask repeatedly which wasnt an issue. the team as a whole are very organised and the communication between me and the memebers of the team were good and valuable.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
While i was there i was allowed to attend their training courses. i therefore did a course on effortless excellence as well as some learn at works on resiliance and assertivness. this was esspecially beneficial for me as these are areas that i struggle with. overall i felt there was an investment in my training and development
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
there were no jobs available for me at the time but i have been given contacts for any future jobs that may come about. they also opperate a program where some year long students are selected for job opportunities in the future. overall they do offer some futuer opportunities just not for me
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Due to only being on a short internship i didnt really socialise with the year long placement students however i know that they do socialise between themselves. I did meet up with some of the other internship students and we would have lunch together. the team also socialise and have lunch together everyday
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
I kept my university house for this internship and therefore dont know the cost of living in this area but have been told by other interns that its very resionably priced. as for the cost of socilising there are pubs near by which i believe are also resonably piced. Overall an ok cost of living
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
I did not attend any nights out in this area. There are bars and one club in fleet that i believe people have gone to and it seemed good. however as far a nightlife I have experienced it is none. Overall it is there if you look for it but not as readily available
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
BMW have charity and diversity and inclusion groups that people can help with giving you stuff to do both in and outside of work. I took part in the minds matter group and assisted in the planning of a day for world mental health day. This was an interesting and beneficial experience.