1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was good for me to get an insight into a british company. They tried a lot to make me comfortable and do a lot for their interns, e.g. Plant visits, see other departments...
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Very nice people here, they talk to you, give tips and it's a very nice atmosphere
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Really a lot, I was able to talk about anything with my mentor. He always took the time to help me with anything (work related or not).
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Changes a lot, I had days where I had to take more than 2 hours of overtime and I had days where I just hang out in the office and waited until it's time to go home.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I had my own projects I was able to work on. I managed these projects completely alone and if other people wanted to talk about this or needed anything, they reached out to me and not to my mentor.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
It was good to see, how the real working world looks like. Also, I know, that I do not want to work in this department, but this not because of the company, it is because I want to do something else.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Really nice, we had new equipment and people took care that I get everything I need. Also, very friendly colleagues, which involved me in their company events and also when they went out in their spare time.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Best starting conditions I ever had in all my jobs so far.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
They did some training, but no paid ones.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
I would love to work for BMW, but for a different department. Just because I want to do some different work, not because of my colleagues or the organisation.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, I loved it! They had many events together and really took care of each other.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Oxford is quite expensive, but if you get a proper rent-rate you earn enough to make it working.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
It was really good, but I did not go out too often, since I had awesome roommates and we had a lot of fun at home.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, it's a university city so many many young people are living here and do a lot of fun stuff.