1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
It was an incredible journey, I enjoyed meeting all the bright people across the company and getting to work alongside them on fascinating projects, which allowed me to learn and develop my knowledge of the role and the business.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My team and division were very supportive and helped me throughout my internship, they also made time to answer my sometimes silly questions.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given lots of guidance by my manager and those involved in my development during the internship.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was relatively busy during my 10 weeks as an intern, there were moments where due to the overlap of employees taking holidays, work was slow but it picked up straight after, also there are so many learning resources available to interns that you can keep occupied regardless.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was treated as a full time employee and was given a variety of different projects to work on, some even outside my role/division.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The huge amount of resources made available to me, gave me the opportunity to really push myself and gain insights into subjects that were previously unknown to me and I believe the knowledge I accumulated from my experience will be immensely valuable in both my future career and academic endeavours .
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
very friendly and welcoming, full of products and great co-working spaces .
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was organised in terms of structure but due to business developments and the fast paced nature of the process, dates were adjusted frequently.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
a very significant amount, we were booked for learning workshops from our first week all the way to the last. also the resources available to interns and staff online is very significant as well.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
well established, there are a variety of paths you can take post internship from grad schemes to full time positions.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes, could have been better but it depends a lot on the schedule of others, regardless, there were a number of fun socials during the internship.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
You will be provided with information in this regard before your internship and at the beginning.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
there are a number of bars and restaurants around the office but for nightlife you have to travel to central London if your looking for more options.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes, loads of activities are setup throughout the year from charity work to innovation challenges, its your choice to opt in.