Support & Guidance
- 1. Please give an overview of your role and what this involves on a day-to-day basis.
- 2. Have you learnt any new skills, or developed your existing skills?
- How would you rate the training provided during your experience?
- How would you rate your development of industry-specific skills during the experience?
- How would you rate your development of personal / soft skills during the experience?
- Please rate how these skills have helped you in your career development
- 3. Were you given much responsibility during your placement / internship?
- Please rate how meaningful the work you were doing was
- 4. How much support and guidance did you receive during your placement / internship?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from your line manager?
- How would you rate the support and guidance from the wider team?
- 5. What was the company culture and general atmosphere like?
- How would you rate the inclusiveness of the culture?
- How would you rate the social opportunities?
- How would you rate the diversity initiatives?
- How would you rate the charity, sustainability and corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives?
- 6. To what extent did you enjoy your placement / internship?
- Please rate your level of enjoyment on your placement / internship
- Please rate how your experience met your expectations
- Please rate the future employment prospects at L'Oreal
- 7. Would you recommend L'Oreal to a friend?
- 8. What advice would you give to others applying to L'Oreal
I would research new raw materials and other relevant information in scientific literature. I would also try out new formulations and characterise them using various instrumental protocols
I learnt how to operate a lot of new instruments and fine tuned my formulation skills
Yes, I was solely responsible for my exploration path
Support & Guidance
I received a lot of guidance at the beginning and then met with the rest of the team every week. Additionally I had a weekly meeting with my supervisor.
The atmosphere was very nice and laid back. The campus had a a nice outdoor area, as well as games for the lunch break. There was also a lot of opportunities to take part into activities.
I loved this internship, which really confirmed that this is the kind of job I want to be doing in the future. It also helped my develop and exercise my formulation and characterisation skills
Accentuate your differentiation point: L’Oréal is a big company that receives a lot of applications. Additionally, for this kind of position, show a strong physical chemistry background
Internship (1 Month+)
Chemical Engineering, Chemistry