Intern at Standard Life Aberdeen

Edinburgh Scotland
Banking - Investment

9.4/10

Great firm culture and a solid team.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Standard Life Aberdeen

Lots of independence given in the investment process. You're view matters in the grand scheme of things and will materially affect whether the team decides to invest in a company, especially if you have covered it.

Staff will happily sit down with you, regardless of whether you want to talk about work, or just have an informal chat. Experienced fund managers will always take some time out of their day to chat with you.

Quite busy - but the work was solid. Virtually non-existent grunt work. The fact that your work was actively contributing to something big, kept me going.

A lot - and I loved it.

Quite a bit. Its not only the technical skills which everyone talks about. itys more about the respect and trust for others which matters so much in the work place. At the end of the day,. you need to be there for others and fit into the team. Learning the technical in an on-the-job process.

RateMyPlacement is currently advertising 5 roles at Standard Life Aberdeen

very friendly and enjoyable. People are focused on their jobs but get along with each other very well.

very well. We had an on-going intern development programme throughout the span of the internship - it helped us with our jobs, and also gave us the opportunity to volunteer.

very much so

very

yes. the 30 of us lived in the same block and got along. We spent time together at lunch as well as on the weekends.

£120 per week excluding accommodation

pretty decent. Edinburgh is a big city with lots to do - great bars

yes. The intern Development Programme let us Volunteer on an organic farm for a whole day.