- To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic experience, with lots of exposure to different teams across the business and a variety of tasks.
- To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
Highly values, people very generous with their time. The central early careers team supported us all excellently.
- To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Caught up on a regular basis, given good advice and support by my line manager.
- How busy were you on a daily basis?
Reasonably busy. When there weren't tasks to do on the desk, I had a longer term research project that I could work on.
- How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
Responsibility for support tasks given in line with my expectations.
- To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
Lots of skills development.
- What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Quiet over the summer so not many people around. People were friendly and willing to share their time. Didn't encounter any hostility.
- How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
We were very well supported by the central early careers team during the internship.
- In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We received structured training sessions in excel, presenting, communication.
- What were the perks on your work placement?
- How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
- Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
- What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
- What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
- Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
- In addition to these questions, is there any extra information you would like to leave about your experiences on your work placement that other students may be interested in?