Long Term Quality Audit at BMW Group

Administration/Secretarial Auditing/Tax Automotive

BMW Group is a Top Employer

8.5/10

9.7

Accellerated customer audit of series production vehicles.

Working in Vehicle Audit at the MINI plant has been a fantastic placement year. I have been hands on with cars, working to find faults on long term test vehicles. I have always been busy, which has kept the job interesting for the entire year. Support from my department has been exceptional; whatever questions I have had they have always been answered.

I feel fully integrated in my department, we have had several social events throughout the year, and even gone away on trips together. Comeradery is great, and there is a great mix of proffessionalism and jokes between all.

See previous comments; excellent support all round.

I've always had things to do, but never too much to snow me under. There have been very fast paced days; there was one week my manager and colleague were off work, so I was covering all duties of our side of the department. This was tiring, but not impossible. The work has been interesting and varied throughout.

For an Intern role, I was given a lot of responsibility. This really made me feel that the work I was doing was important, and having that sense of achievement was brilliant each time a piece of work was completed. I was responsible for many things, however I always had the support of my manager if there were any issues or mistakes made during.

People skills have been the main thing I've gained from this year. I wasn't socially inept when I arrived, but my confidence has grown massively over the course of the year.
I have used knowlege from my degree to help find problems and think of explanations for faults.

Everyone has been super friendly, and respectful at all times. There have been times when everyone is knuckling down, but there has always been times for friendly exchanges and jokes.

Some things at the start took a while to arrive, such as workwear. This was not organised by my department but centrally. My replacements have had a much improved experience, recieving all workwear on their very first day.

A good few training courses were covered, including a practical driving course; great fun for somebody who loves cars!

There are so many interns working on site that graduate prospects are limited, however not absent.

Weekly socials organised for all interns on plant, pub crawls and meals were held within our department.

Oxford is not the cheapest, but I was payed enough that I was able to rent and live comfortably in the city. I saved up enough to buy a car over the course of this year.

Oxford is decent, not especially my scene, but plenty of pubs and bars.

If you look for them, there is a lot going on in the city.