Planning, booking and implementing media campaigns across EMEA for theatrical releases.
1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
This was the best year of my life. I had an amazing team who were friendly and welcoming and was given real responsibilities and had creative input in campaigns. I also made friends for life with many of the other interns at WB.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
I really fell like my team and department valued my opinion whether this be in a team meeting reviewing trailers etc. or getting to lead a creative brainstorm session for a campaign.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Particularly early on, I would have regular catch ups with my team to ensure that I was happy and knew how to handle the tasks in hand. As I became more comfortable and experienced in the role, I was able to ask for support when I needed it, rather than having scheduled catch up sessions.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Usually I was at a good level of busy, where I could get my tasks done without being bored however there were periods of time when it was extremely busy - i.e. around a film's release - but these were a great time to work on time management skills.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
By the end of the placement I was leading media campaigns across EMEA for multiple films. I was the main point of contact between markets, agencies and vendors and I had the chance to have real input into the creative elements of campaigns.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I have developed so many skills this year including time management, organisation, team work and communication. I had the chance to present in meetings and manage multiple campaigns at once. These are skills that I will use in future roles, my final year at university and in daily life.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmosphere in my department is generally great. The team gets along well and we're able to have fun together. We have been to a number of lunches and events together which helps to bond as a team. It is a comfortable environment.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
It was great - the handover was smooth and I was set up on the systems before I arrived so I was able to get stuck in fairly quickly.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I was invited to attend a few learning sessions with vendors and partners that we worked with. I found these very interesting as they were from a different perspective. We also had a number of intern training sessions throughout the year which were helpful.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Past interns are often the first point of call when there is a job opening so you definitely have better future employment prospects.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
I have made friends for life with my fellow interns and we often met up outside of work for social events and became very close throughout the year. I also got on very well with my team and would like to stay in contact with them.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
London itself is fairly expensive but you can always find places to fit your budgets such as free events, happy hour, student discounts etc.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There are some great bars, clubs, restaurants and other activities (i.e. bowling, ping pong, theatre, comedy clubs). There is always something to do.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
There were lots of activities, both organised through work and outside of it. We also attended a number of events organised by vendors that we worked with which are a great opportunity to have fun and network. I took part in a sleepout with a number of other interns for a charity that our company is involved in, there have been quiz nights and screenings as well.