Marketing & Publicity Intern at Warner Bros

Dublin Republic of Ireland
Business Management Customer Service Market Research Marketing Mathematics/Statistics Media Public Relations Sales

8.8/10

I could not have asked for a better year. Moving to Dublin and working within a great company and team was brilliant.

I was treated with respect throughout the entire year. My role had real responsibilities and I was listened to and respected.

Both of my line managers could not have been more supportive. The team I worked within consisted of 5 people, but everyone one of them were patient and clear with me and allowed me time to adjust to the role from the beginning. They continuously encouraged me to ask them questions if I needed help with anything. The working environment was the strongest aspect of my placement.

I was given plenty of work from both of my line managers, however I was never overloaded with it. I was able to organise my time and the tasks I had ahead in good time. When I wasn't as busy, I was encouraged to try new things.

I was given a high level of responsibility and continuously encouraged to take on new tasks and assist both my line managers when needed. as the year went on both my line managers gave me more responsibilities and tasks to complete on my own.

I believe that this placement has allowed me to use the skills I learned in the classroom and put them to use within an actual working environment. I have learnt so much over the last year and it has really made me realise what I would like to pursue as a career in the future.

The atmosphere in the office was always really good. It is an open plan office so it was very easy for everyone to communicate and collaborate on work together.

The placement was very well organised. The HR department got me set up with everything very quickly including all the training courses I had to take and the training days I had to attend. it was all very well structured.

I felt the company invested in me a lot. They gave me numerous training sessions. I was able to learn and develop with the help of both of my line managers. I was also brought over to London on several occasions.

There is no graduate scheme, however you are encouraged to keep strong contacts within the company so they can make you aware of any new openings that have become available.

I was the only intern in my office, so in this regard no. But my other colleagues and I did have many social outings together.

The city itself is very expensive and so is the cost of living. However, my salary allowed me to maintain a good and active lifestyle.

The night life in Dublin is fantastic, the office is based right in the city centre so the best bars and eatery's are only a 10 minute walk away.

There were several opportunities for me to get involved in outside of work. I volunteered at the Film Festival which was an incredible experience, and also took part in a 5K charity run.