1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
They were super busy days and days I had literally nothing to do. Sometimes I wished that would have been a little bit more balanced. But I guess that is normal and I would say that the average amount of work was good. I was busy most of the times.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was definetly treated like a proper employee and as part of the team. Of course sometimes I also had to complete the typical "Intern tasks" but I was completely okay with that since I also had a lot of task that gave me responsibility and the possibilty to work independent.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I can not name the skills I have learnt during my internship. But I can definetley say that I developed personally and professionally. I did not have any training which I found very disappointing. I wish I would have gained more knowledge in programmes such as excel. Though my colleagues very very helpful!
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Atmopshere was in overall good. The collegues were very friendly to each other and we also had fun together. People told jokes or funny stories, so it was always are relaxed atmosphere. The negative thing what I experienced that some people were very judgy about others. Sometimes people said negative things about colleagues.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
My first week was very well organised. I have got a timing plan and spent each hour with another colleague that explained me their part in the team. So I learnt step by step what everyone was doing and therefore was able to complete tasks independet after the second week.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
very disappointing. For such a big company you do not get any advantages. The canteen and the caffee is overprized in my opinion. They do not offer fresh and healthy food. On top of that none of the interns had any proper training. I only got taught the bits about certain programmes to complete a task but didn't get any overall training.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
apart from the negative points I think BMW could be in overall a good employer if they would put more effort in their employees. The company offers a reasonable amount of holidays, good salary and benefits such as a company car ( not for interns ) So all in all I could defintely imagine working for them.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
The social scene could not have been better. Because it is such a big company we were about 90 interns. Every week was social thursday organised by two interns. We met each thursday in a different bar. We all were very good friends with each other and I hope we are going to stay in touch.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?