1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I have really enjoyed my placement with Panasonic, it has given me so much opportunity, the chnace to learn new things and meet lots of new people. It has been an extremely valuable experience. There is a 15 (changes yearly) other placement students at Panasonic and this really enhances the whole expereince!
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My collegues really valued my work and made me feel part of the team.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
Panasonic have been running a placement scheme for over 20 years, they have a good structure for the training of the placement students and I had the oppportunity to attend a number of trianing courses that really helped me in my role. My manager and team offered me constant support and there was always someone i could go to if i needed help.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
Throughout my placement i had busier times and quieter times, at the beginning i was fairly quiet but as i learnt more about the systems i would recieve more work. It is good to have a variety as when you are extremely busy you appreciate the quiet times that you have had!
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I would say i was given medium levels of responsbilitiy throughout my placement.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I feel like I have learnt a lot of professional skills during my placement that will benefit me in my future career. The placement programme at Panasonic enables you to develop a variety of skills. There are also a number of training courses that take place throughout the year that are really valubale to both your last year of university and your future career.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
Very relaxed - open plan office.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Really well organised, the placement programme has been running for years and so they know what they are doing!
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
I would say they really invest in the students, the amount of training courses that i had the opportunity to go on was great.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Working from home
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Panasonic has many former placement students working for them, however there is no set graduate scheme.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yeah really good, as well as the Placement students there is a number of apprentices that work for the company. Reading is nearby and so we had nights out there!
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
It was okay, wouldn't say it was extremely cheap or expensive, just average.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Reading nearby, so that is good.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?