1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
I really enjoyed my placement year at panasonic uk. I learnt so many different skills which will help me in my final year of univeristy. Not only did i develop professionally but it helped me develop personally.
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
My colleagues were always so supportive of me. If I had any questions they would always be happy to assist. They made me feel welcome and part of the workforce.
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
I was given lots of guidance and support by management and supervisors including a throurough handover with the previous student. Once i was comfortable in my role there was lots of room to develop more in teh role.
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was really busy at the start trying to learn the role, once i was really quick and efficient with it i found i had spare time. I then however went out my way to find work and get involved in more projects.
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given lots of responsibillity and ownership of specific tasks and projects with the freedom to make them my own.
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
I believe that the skills and trainig i received will help me in my studies next year and beyond. My system skills have significantly improved, my time management and the insight into a international company is invaluable.
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
The atmophere was friendly and relaxed yet also wuite professional.
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
The scheme has been running around 20 years so it was slick and efficient. There were training courses and support for the students throughout.
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
We were enrolled on lots of different training courses with the option to enroll yourself onto more. I would say that the company was fully invested.
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Sports and Social Club
Staff Sales/Staff Shop
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Even though there is not a gradauate scheme here there is plenty of opportunity to come back in the future and develop your career.
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Yes we arranged events and met up socially. It was good fun getting together however I feel panasonic could have done more events.
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Reading/Bracnell is expensive as you are looking at London Prices.
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
There were lots of Bars to go to in Bracknell and Reading.
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Yes dependant on your role, there were events. However my role was very office based.