Launch Change Coordination at BMW Group

Oxford South East
Manufacturing

BMW Group is a Top Employer

6.9/10

Vehicle Validation, Launch and Coordination. The Launch and Change Co-ordination department is responsible for the introduction of technical modifications into pre-series as well as series cars in Plant Oxford. Validating new builds and creating project part lists, producing bill of materials. Validating and keeping track of engineering changes for the launch test vehicles and responsible for coordinating changes across all build phases. Plan and executing events.

I really did enjoy my year with BMW. I experienced many new things and learned a lot about the automotive industry and BMW as a company. The plant is absolutely huge so there are many oppertunities to meet new people and network.

I was very close with my department and felt like a valuable part of the team. I was trusted with responsibilities and tasks and was very integrated into the team. My department was a genuinely lovely enviroment to work in and I enjoyed being at work everyday.

My manager wasn't so good with tracking my progress and I was mostly busy with my daily tasks and other responsibilities that I took on myself. I would say the support from my manager was actually quite weak, although my managers were lovely people but in terms of a professional support and guidance I didn't quite feel like I got the most out of it.

My days definitely fluctuated in how busy I was, some days I will be very busy and some days would be very relaxed. Overall, I was kept quite busy throughout.

I was given a fair amount of responsibilities, I had daily tasks and meetings to attend and also other varying responsibilities given to me by various departments. I also had the oppertunity to help other interns with their tasks.

My placement year helped with my professional development but not necessarily my degree, there wasn't much Engineering application in my role.

I loved my office ! Everyone is very friendly and very helpful at all times. There is a lot of socialising and we had a great canteen for us to go on our breaks and chat over some coffee.

My placmement was not organised so well, it could have been done much better at the start. I did nto have a great introduction to the company but it slowly got better.

I think in terms of professional growth by just being involved and doing your job, there is a lot of growth and you learn hwo to behave in a professional setting. However the company did not necessarily invest much into me as an individual.

There aren't many graduate jobs available at the company but I believe with the right amount of networking and contacts it is quite possible to join the compnay after the internship.

The social scene was absolutely great ! The interns constantly socialise and there is always events going on. Oxford is great for socialising.

Oxford is relatively expensive for both cost of living and socialising, but definitely not a big issue.

There are great pubs and bars all over oxford !

There are always events on every week and also many interns to socialise with so if you wanted to do something there was always oppertunities to have fun.