1. To what extent did you enjoy your work placement or internship?
Fantastic placement which exposed me to significant amounts of the business and the industry as a whole. This allowed me to improve and develop my skills in an environment which is conducive to that
2. To what extent did you feel valued by your colleagues?
As my placement progressed my colleagues put more trust into the systems I put in place as well as my skills. This meant I was given more interesting and involved jobs to complete which aided my skills and allowed me to feel part of the team
3. To what extent were you given support and guidance by management/your supervisor(s)?
My manager and various supervisors where always available for guidance and advice if I needed it. However they generally took a hands off approach which allowed me to learn a lot, particuarly from the mistakes I made
4. How busy were you on a daily basis?
I was given plenty of work to do in various areas of the business which tested many of my skills. I did not feel overworked very often however felt that I had plenty of things that I could do at any time. This meant the time flew by
5. How much responsibility were you given during your placement?
I was given a reasonable amount of responsiblity, particuarly given my role within the department. Most of this responsiblity took the form of longer more intensive tasks and projects which allowed me to have responsibility but also gave time for me to be supported when I needed to be
6. To what extent did/will the skills you developed, and training you received, assist you in your degree studies and beyond?
The skills I developed and training I recieved will be incredibly useful in my final year of study and beyond. I have had the opportunity to work with experts from various department in problems which I was struggling with and this has allowed me to both develop my own skills as well as improve my ability to get help from others
7. What was the general atmosphere in your office?
My team created a very enjoyable environment. It was easy to feel comfortable and part of the team but every clearly worked hard which made for a nice proffesional environment
8. How well organised was the overall work placement or internship set up?
Generally well set up from a company point of view at the beginning however there was no clear structure throughout the year
9. In terms of personal training and development, to what extent did the company or firm invest in you?
My team and the company as a whole clearly invested a lot of time and energy into me and improving my skills
10. What were the perks on your work placement?
Above 25 days holiday
11. How appealing are future employment prospects within the organisation?
Very much enjoyed the work however location isn't ideal for me and jobs are very competitive
12. Was there a good social scene amongst any fellow placement students/colleagues?
Fun social scene, particuarly given the small town the factory is located in
13. What was the cost of living and socialising in the area you worked in?
Relatively expensive area to live in
14. What was the Nightlife like in the area you worked?
Very poor nightlife scene
15. Were there many opportunities to get involved in activities outside of work?
Due to the large amount of interns it meant that there was usually some activities to get involved in but it was often a struggle